In this video, you will know how data science is transforming our lives through Autopilot Industry.
How do we differentiate between a stray shopping cart and a person in a wheelchair? How can we know in which direction the person on the bicycle will turn? How can we differentiate between normal and abnormal situations, and when do we decide to break the law to save a life? Well, this is all done by AI, ml, and deep learning!
Using Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and AI is actually an iterative process where the cycle of collecting to interpreting the information to train the algorithm is endless. In simple words, we should be able to take real-life driving experiences, turn them into programmable data, and train the models to continuously improve their understanding of the real world to make ‘informed’ decisions.
For a machine to see, it takes 2steps: image classification and image localization. Image classification is all about determining what it is seeing. Image localization means knowing where exactly it is seeing the object. For both these steps, we need to use a Convolutional Neural Network.
So now let's talk about tesla’s self-driving cars! There are 2 Autopilot packages available for purchase: Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability.
Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability can be used with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the steering and is prepared to take over at any moment. Although these features are designed to become more capable over time, the currently available features do not make the car autonomous.
In Autopilot available features are:
Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: Matches the speed of your vehicle to that of the surrounding traffic
Autosteer: helps in steering within a clearly marked lane, and utilizes traffic-aware cruise control
In Full Self-Driving Capability available features are:
* Navigate on Autopilot: This guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, which includes lane change suggestions, navigating interchanges, automatically taking the turn and taking the correct exit.
* Auto Lane Change: this helps in switching to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged
* Autopark: Helps automatically park your car, with a single touch.
* Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space with the help of a mobile app or key
* Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complicated environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects that you find in a parking lot.
* Traffic and Stop Sign Control: Identifies stop signs as well as traffic lights and automatically slows your vehicle to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
* Upcoming features include: Autosteer on city streets
Active Safety Features:-
Active safety features come standard on all Tesla vehicle manufacturers after September 2014 for elevated safety at all times. These include:
* Automatic Emergency Braking
* Front Collision Warning
* Side Collision Warning
* Obstacle Aware Acceleration
* Blind Spot Monitoring
* Lane Departure Avoidance
* Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance